Software producers as well as licensees invest a lot of time and money in the development of software or the evaluation and operation of a software product. While the software producer is interested in protecting the software he has developed, the licensee wants to protect himself as best as possible against the failure of the software in use, on which his business depends. The focus here is on the unpublished source code, without which long-term operation of the software is not possible.
Secure and neutral storage of:
- software source codes (including updates)
- development documentation (plans, protocols, etc.)
- system documentation (technical and application instructions, programme descriptions)
- other documents and contracts that need to be safeguarded
Release of the deposited object upon occurrence of the defined release event such as:
- default of a contracting party (bankruptcy, closure of business, etc.)
- defective performance of the underlying transaction (e.g. licence, maintenance)
- in other case-specific scenarios
- provision of customised software escrow agreements
- expert legal advice on all software escrow matters
- examination of the deposited object by independent experts
- convening of arbitration tribunals in the event of disputes in connection with the release of deposited objects
Who is software escrow for?
Software manufacturers are confronted with the fact that licensees want to have security for the further use of the software, for example in case of bankruptcy of the software manufacturer. SWEAG’s software escrow solutions are balanced offers that provide the necessary security for all parties involved.